Sunday 25 January 2015

Mini Haul!

Hi everyone!


I hope you're all doing well. 

I went to Meadowhall the other day in search of jeans! You won't know (because I haven't mentioned it - durr) but I am 6 foot tall. As you can imagine, or will know if you're also a tall lady, it can be pretty hard to get trousers to fit your height! You usually end up with half mast trousers that you have to wear boots with so no one knows they're actually in the middle of your calf! 
I am a 367" leg and most tall ranges in shops sell a 34".. too short! New Look used to have a tall range in store which has now moved to online only. This is SO annoying as I really hate buying without trying. Topshop are one of the only shops I can find a decent tall range in store and luckily Topshop jeans are fab! 

Anyway... I went.. and the store was closed for refurbishment! How frustrating! Waste of a shopping trip?? Nope! I bought a couple of makeup bits instead! 

Top left to right: Cotton pads, Bobbi Brown Lipstick, Vitamin E Night Cream, Micellar Water and Makeup Revolution Blush Palette

Cotton Pads and Garnier Micellar Water

The boots cotton pads are the ones I always turn too as they don't fluff up when used - I hate that! I use the double sided ones which are ideal for removing makeup, applying moisturiser, taking off nail polish etc! I use these in conjunction with the Micellar water to take off my makeup on a night. This was just a stock up as the cotton pads were buy one and get one half price. 


Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream (for some reason the night cream is not available online so I have linked the daycream for you).

I rarely use a night cream. I have oily skin and the majority of my moisturisers double up for morning and evening. Recently however, with the cold weather I feel that my skin just needs a bit more moisture through the night. I can't wear anything heavier through the day as my skin would get too oily for makeup, but can get away with something heavier for night time. So I thought I'd give this simple, moisturising cream a go. It smells lovely and is really thick. I've used it for 3 nights and so far it's really lovely to use! It soaks in well and hasn't caused any breakouts which is a must for me as I have sensitive skin that can react easily to products. 


Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Sugar & Spice


I've wanted to try one of these palettes since seeing Miss Budget Beauty mention one a few times in her Youtube videos and on her blog. They are super cheap at £6.00 for 8 different blush colours and they have a selection of palettes to suit the individual. I went for this one as it has a lot of pinky shades which I love - especially at this time of year when I want a natural flush of colour. It has 2 really pretty shimmery shades, one that shows pinky and glowy and the other is a great highlight colour and looks beautiful over one of the blush colours. I've used it every day since purchasing. The colours are really pigmented and fairly easy to blend. I will definitely be trying more from this range now. 


Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour in Desert Rose



I originally went looking in Mac for a new lipstick and wanted to pick up the shade 'Faux'. It was sold out as it has been super popular lately so I decided to try Bobbi Brown instead and see if I could find I similar type of colour. I've never tried Bobbi Brown lipsticks before but so far I really like it. It's creamy, lasts a decent amount of time considering it's not completely matte, and feels very comfortable to wear. 
Both pictures are taken with flash as lighting was rubbish by this time! But you can see how creamy it is on the swatch and is a lovely everyday shade and very wearable. It can also be made to look deeper and more purpley if you do a couple of layers of it. 

I also have a great dupe for this shade so keep watching for that post which will be up soon! 



That's all from my mini haul! I have a little Avon haul coming up, plus a dupe for the Bobbi Brown lipstick! 


Thanks for reading! 

Love, Tiffany xx

No comments:

Post a Comment